|In the past 5 weeks (since the beginning of May 2011), in accordance with the statistics of CMC Information Security Joint Stock Company, more than 300 websites of Vietnam were defaced and hacked.|
And this number is more than 1000 if including small websites. The sources of hankers are mainly from Turkey, Israel and China. Firstly, it shows that the majority of the hacking is unplanned and carried out by individual groups. The objects of hacking are at general holes which are found by automatic scanning software, a quite simple security control method.
Standing before this situation, CMC announced the urgent inspection package for websites of the government agencies and central newspaper agencies, member of ICT Press Club. The total value of this assistance is about more than USD300,000. Together with this program, CMC Corporation announced other assistance and cooperation packages for newspaper agencies as a gift on the occasion of the Vietnamese Journalism Day.
CMC announced the assistance and cooperation programs for newspaper and government agencies on this occasion.
Contents of the assistance
1. Providing free of charge the Penetration testing service for each newspaper agency under the ICT Press Club for 01 website (01 domain)
The value of 01 service package is USD15,000/website
The time for receiving the application for assistance: From June 20th to July 20th 2011
This assistance program is also given to the government agencies such as Ministries, departments, agencies, newspaper agencies, radio and television agencies at central level
2. Providing free of charge hosting service for 3 first months. Including the following items:
- Providing free of charge maximum space of ½ Rack (equaling to 20U) for 01 newspaper agency
- Creating service free of charge
- Free service fee
- the value of the package is 55 million VND/3 months.
3. Installing free of charge and free fee for 03 months of using Giganet Speed 3 package (Download/ Upload: 48Mps) with the value of 15 million VND. The program is applied for newspaper agencies from the 4th month forward.